Friday, May 15, 2009

Andy Goldsworthy

I like this picture because I like how the green color is added in the background. I also like how the smaller stones in the front are blurred so when you look straight ahead you see the sculpture of the rocks. Goldsworthy always used what he found outside and these rocks were in my yard so I decided to make a sculpture close to what he would do, but a smaller version.

With these two pictures, I couldnt decide which one I liked more. I like the one on the bottom because it sort of gives you a more realistic look because if you look past the garage part of the picture it looks like these rocks were put on a lakeside. I stacked these rocks like this then put some of my mulch from my garden around it to give it some color. I also like the one on the bottom because the position the shadows are casted are directly above or below one another.

I really like this photo the best because the long grass makes you focus on the rocks. Although this picture is like snake formation picture because with the grass in between it makes a pattern similiar to that. I like the tones of the rocks because it varies tan, gray, and white throughout the line. But the thing I like most about this picture is that the grass is so bright. Andy Goldsworthy took things in nature and made them his own. I took the things that were already put outdoors and created an image to go along with his theme, not to copy his sculpture style of photography.
For this photo I arranged rocks in a sort of snake formation because Goldsworthy liked to take pictures of things with patterns. Also he took a lot of pictures with rocks of different colors, formations, and directions. The shadows coming off from the rocks stick out making the picture more interesting. The formation of the picture leads your eye off into the grassy part behind it all. I like how there are little stones around the larger ones, making the emphasis on the lighter colored rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment